Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Welcome to Read Aloud. Read Alot.!!


We are very enthusiastic to be launching this blog about a concept near and dear to my heart. As a child, I remember my parents reading to me every night before I went to bed. Exhausted from a long day at work, my dad would sometimes fall asleep while reading, but he didn't miss a night. At the time, I didn't appreciate what my parents were doing for me but now I get it!!!

I see the importance of reading aloud everytime I read to my children, each time I see a student's eyes light up for an "aha" moment and even when I find 5 minutes to myself to sit and relax with a good read.


Read Aloud. Read Alot. is a tool for everyone interested in reading to their children or children they know. I wanted to report a strong statistic here but decided to just state, that reading aloud to children is fun! But most important, it's fun FOR THEM. It helps them to understand where words come from and why people use the words we do. Reading aloud builds a lifelong interest in reading and READING IS THE GATEWAY TO THE WORLD!!!


The goal of this blog is to create a place where anyone interested in reading to children can visit as well as share tips and experiences on reading aloud. We encourage feedback and look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Keep on reading!





No comments:

Followers