Monday, September 21, 2009

Hard to Juggle One with the Other

I'm sure any mother of two or more agrees that reading to children is hard when there is another child/children who don't care to listen to the story that you are reading. Yesterday we were in the playroom, when my 4-year-old wanted me to read a book to him. Knowing that my 1-year-old wouldn't sit and listen to this book, I tried to read in an area that I know he would enjoy playing in. While reading to my son, the younger one would come over and say "HI" and then walk away. As long as I acknowledged him, he would be fine. There was one time where I didn't, in which he proceeded to try and grab the book out of my hands. Even though it wasn't the most ideal situation to read aloud in (I prefer a quiet setting), I was happy that both of my sons enjoyed the experience as much as I did.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Followers