Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Where the Sidewalk Ends

Over the weekend, my son had his 4th birthday. Whoa! How time flies! My thoughtful cousin gave him the book, "Where the Sidewalk Ends" by Shel Silverstein. Originally, I thought, "Hmm, I wonder if he'll like it. Maybe I'll have to set that aside for a couple of years." Boy, was I wrong!!

Today at naptime, he said, "Mommy, you pick out the book." I ran to grab "Where the Sidewalk Ends". I flipped through the book of short stories and poems and found a title that was catchy, "Ickle Me Pickle Me Tickle Me Too". He LOVED IT! After I finished that poem, I read others. While reading aloud, I would stop and say, "Isn't that silly?" Or, "Why do you think he felt that way?" about a specific character in one of the stories. After 10 poems/stories, it was time for him to go to bed and he was still asking for more. Now I know what book to have by his bedside because it's just as fun for me too!

No comments:

Followers